Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Self-Portrait Saturday #4

So I've had a few people ask me...


"What's up with this self-portrait thing?"

It is not my usual kind of activity, it seems a little vain and self-centered, so it makes me a little uncomfortable every time.  Part of my inspiration is a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "Do one thing every day that scares you."  Hmmm, maybe I should change it to one thing every week...

Another reason I started doing the self-portrait project was because it forces me to blog on a more regular basis and be accountable to myself.  I really enjoy blogging, researching information and preparing photographs, but sometimes life and responsibilities get in the way.

Like right now,  I really need to finish a lesson plan on Picasso for elementary school art classes.  The focus is cubism and self-portraiture.  Maybe next week, I'll take a break from the photography for my Saturday self-portrait.


This week I spent some time (maybe a little too much) making fabric roses, seen here on the t-shirt I'm holding. Very fun recycling/altering/sewing project... I can't wait to do more... and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment