Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

April Stash Bust

I have a lot of craft stuff...  It sometimes seems like it is taking over my house... oh, wait!  It actually is!  And living as green as possible is an important part of my daily life.

So when Diane of CraftyPod shared this with me, I knew I had to join in. 

In honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, you can make a pledge not to buy any new craft supplies, art materials, tools or fabric for the entire month of April.  Go get a badge from Dollar Store Crafts and check out the whole story over there.  Then, create a project from your stash using only what you have on hand. Submit your finished project detailing the stash materials you used with a link to your finished project by Earth Day, April 22nd.

I am so in on this one... I actually gave away my craft store coupons for this week, thereby removing temptation. This is a great opportunity to evaluate what you have, organize your stash, reduce (give some stuff away to a school, church or shelter), reuse, recycle.  My mind is always full of potential projects, so challenges like this are a great way for me to prioritize and energize myself to create.

Off to eat some chocolate (also good for energizing)...  Thank you, Easter Bunny! *bock*bock

1 comment:

  1. EEEK! a whole month? Does is count if you purchase vintage items, because you are still technically
    re-purposing? LOL
    Thanks for visiting me Deborah.
    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete