Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A little more on OWOH...

I was so happy with my experience during One World One Heart that I wanted to make something extra special to go along with the necklace and earrings.  And as with many of my projects I had to use my existing stash (no hoarding).  And I wanted it to be functional... so a jewelry folder seemed like a useful, fun project, especially since one of my favorite books A Charming Exchange has a gorgeous example designed by Ruth Rae.

 

  

 






I can post this now 'cause Geni received it... and she liked it.  The jewelry holder is made of pink felt embellished with machine stitched fabric scraps of gold, browns, and a touch of red.  The buttons, name letters and ribbons were hand-stitched. The jewelry is tied in place with brown lace and ribbon.

I am so happy with how this project turned out.  I can't wait to make another one.

Hopefully my giveaway prize will arrive soon!

1 comment: