Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

So into Sewing right now!

Maybe it's the weather, getting a little chilly here, but I am really excited to be altering, embelishing and remaking my wardrobe.



 I love this purple sweater, but it is a little too short and leaves my back cold.  It needs a soft, sheer, ruffly skirt thingy (technical terms, ya' know) to fancy it up a bit.  I might also embellish the neckline and cuffs, but first I'll finish the bottom and see where that leads me.



I have had this lightweight sweater for ages.  The scarf will be fluttery sleeves (I think this scarf was my Gram's).  A "new" vintage button and some delicate beading around the neckline will make this plain sweater a little more fabulous.

I recently joined an altered artwear group on yahoo.  Check them out!  If you love the magazines Altered Couture or Belle Armoire, you will want to join this group.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Is there an 'after' photo of the purple sweater yet? I have many too-short tops (the drawback of being long-waisted), and could use ideas beyond giving it all to my short-waisted sister.

    ReplyDelete