Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

A blog post about Blogging

Well, friends, I did something kind of sneaky to you.  I installed an invisible "stat counter" on my blog, so I could see if there really was anybody out there... And I found out that there is!!!!!  And it was really easy to do!  So thank you so much for reading the random tidbits, projects and ramblings of my life.

Every so often I need to refocus and get into something new and this time it's blogging.  Of course, for me, starting anything new involves buying books.

First, Diane Gilleland, the creator of CraftyPod, has a great e-book called Making_A_Great_Blog.   It covers all the basics, there is a 8 page worksheet pack, and lots of extra links on her site.    Definitely worth the $$.  After I've implemented more of her suggestions, I will order the e-books on creative marketing and social media.

But I don't think I will ever be a huge fan of the e-book format, because there is nothing that beats the smell and feel of a brand-new book, and this one is Pretty, too...  Blogging for Bliss: Crafting your own online journal, by Tara Frey, has lots of great information, plus eye candy - great photos for her blog and others, interviews with other successful creative bloggers, and tons of cool links to check out.

I have some changes in mind for debvandet designs, based on these sources:  ideas to improve  my photography, new banner,  some more interactivity - like give-aways,  swaps or some challenges.

What would you like to see here?  What do you think makes a great blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment